Thursday, July 3, 2014

WHY A PERSON LISTENS TO GOSSIP

This morning as I was reading today’s Word for You Today, I was moved by the story of the Pastor who shared Christ to a successful business storeowner.  The owner said he had spoken to hundreds of ministers over the years and not one of them ever talked to him about his soul.  

I was reminded of my own life and the times, although not many, when the Holy Spirit clearly spoke to me about speaking to a person in my life who did not know Christ.  To be honest, when you know a person for a number of years, do business with that person, share Christ in a round-about way and there seems to be no 'bite', it is difficult to say, "Mr A, I don't mean to be offensive, but the LORD won't let me go; I am compelled to speak to you about your soul."  Most say, 'thank you' when I'm done, but not all.  What they now do with the GOSPEL (God Offers Sinful People Eternal Life) is between them and God, not me/you and God.

Immediately, I thought, “What would happen if the energy and time spent gossiping was spent sharing Christ?  Would believers not turn the world around?  So, my tweet (@brucesofia) for the day was:
 Have you ever wondered how the world would change if the time & energy people spent gossiping was spent sharing Christ?

Many responded.  Joshua replied: I have seen gossip literally tear down a church.  A church that was family for over 14 years is now gone, all because of gossip.  If more Christians spent time focusing on the word and sharing Christ, the possibilities are endless.”  

Another said, “I don’t have an answer for that, but … “  The Bible is clear why and who gossips, Proverbs 17:4 says, "A wicked person listens to deceitful lips/gossip; a liar pays attention to a destructive tongue/gossip.”  May we all build the Kingdom by Sharing Christ, Connecting people and Serving others, and let “gossip” be far from our lips and circumcised from our hearts.

In Jesus,


PB
Loyalty is a man's best friend.  Joshua 1:5
jbsofia@verizon.net

PS - One person commented about the picture being "women."  Men gossip too.  I selected this photo because it was captivating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment